[logs] Commercial Tool for in-depth IIS Logging

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhards@private)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 13:34:34 PST

    Hi list,

    Some shameless self-promo. Let's see if Tina lets pass it through.

    We have created a tool that is directly integrated into IIS (ISAPI
    filter). It emits log data via syslog when IIS reaches certain points of
    its internal processing (e.g. begin and end of http request).

    The tool stems back to some ideas Tina and I exchanged around last xmas
    season. The log data is in real-time and really *in-depth*. It
    potentially emits a *lot* of data. Depending on the log points turned
    on, there can be some noticable ressource consumption on the server.
    Honestly, I do not know if this tool is really useful or not. I think it
    is at least useful for learning about IIS. Anyhow, we decided to create
    it and see if somebody has interest in it.

    Again, this is a commercial product, but there is a free 30 day trial.
    For learning purposes, the 30 day trial should do fine. My apologies if
    you find this mail to be to commercially intrusive.

    If you would like to stick, though, find details and download at

    http://www.iislogger.com

    Thanks,
    Rainer