Re: [logs] Log Samples Requested

From: Adrian Grigorof (adrian@private)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 11:04:51 PST

    A proposal for the loganalysis.org log collection... Maybe these logs can be
    used as sample by various vendors of log analysis products. They can post
    the result of the log analysis for these sample logs so people may be able
    to compare reports for the same log created by different log analyzers. It
    may become some sort of benchmark for log analysis quality and it would
    surely help the end users pick the right tool. The only drawback would be
    the additional workload on tbird and mjr (they already do a lot...).

    Regards,

    Adrian Grigorof
    Altair Technologies
    www.firegen.com