[logs] Cisco IDS 4235 and Syslog.

From: William Lakner (wjlakner@private)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 12:32:00 PDT

    All,

    We are in the process of rebuilding our logging infrastructure. I was
    wondering whether
    anyone had any experience with Cisco IDS (ver. 4.1) and syslog. Cisco's
    documentation
    is a little vague regarding 3rd party solutions (i.e. other than CiscoWorks
    VPN Security Manager
    and Cisco Threat Response. Is it possible to log IDS events to a centralized
    syslog server?
    If so, how is this accomplished?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Bill