Re: [owl-users] Owl kickstart

From: David Parrish <daveparrish_at_private>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 01:08:31 -0500

> Whether you pick Owl 2 or Owl 3, you would still be quite far from what
> WE is using, since there's no web hosting software in Owl itself - it's
> just the base system.  WebEnabled has much extra software on top of Owl.

If I can get Owl 3 working with guest additions then I'll probably add
RPMs to give me a basic LAMP stack.  All I really care about at that
point is the versions of the running applications.  Which is why I am
wondering if a version of CentOS with close version numbers to what WE
runs would have been a smarter strategy.

>> Anyway, here is my work so far on the veewee template in case anyone
>> is interested.  https://github.com/dmp1ce/veewee-owl2  I'll probably
>> give Owl3 a shot next.
>
> Curious.  If/when you update this for Owl 3, I suggest that you use
> "settle -d" (dumb terminal mode).

I will give "settle -d" a try.  Thanks for all the help!

David