Re: [PEN-TEST] infrared question

From: Nathan Catlow (nscat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 15:59:31 PDT

    > Scenerio A:
    > Upon entering a briefing/meeting, one could run this app, set his device
    > down directly across the table from someone else's system (target) and
    > send/receive data without the target owner noticing?

    The 'owner' in this instance has to have the IR/serial port still active (from
    a recent 'sync')

    > Has something like this been coded? Puclically?  Are there mechanisms
    > within palm os/windows to prevent this? If so, what are they?

    For the psion 3/5 etc check out plptools on sourceforge, does some very cool stuff like run and kill, process listing, file access etc. All remote and without user interference :-).

    I have only tried this with the serial port but IR shouldn't be too difficult from a laptop.

    regards,

    Nathan.
    --
    All opinions mine, but if you need one you can borrow it for a while
    *I'd love to give my 0.02 worth - Have you got change for a dollar?*