Re: [PEN-TEST] MAC Vulnerability Scanner

From: Brian Reilly (reillybat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 09:20:46 PDT

    On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Kimberly Novobilsky wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a good freeware or commercial product that will scan
    > Mac's for vulnerabilities?

    I'm not aware of any scanners that are Mac-specific, although I've used
    Nessus (http://www.nessus.org) against MacOS X with varying degrees of
    success.  I assume most of the commercial vulnerability scanners would
    fare about the same.  You could also use Nmap or another portscanner to
    gather information about a your Mac systems, and then launch targeted
    probes or attacks against those services.

    --Brian
    <reillybat_private>