Re: [PEN-TEST] MS Exchange 5.5 and Windows NT 4

From: Chris Paget (mad.nutterat_private)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 01:53:19 PDT

    I don't know of anything you can do through SMTP or POP3, however a
    couple of things you could check:

    1)  Have a look around for any other NT machines.  If your Exchange
    box is on a domain, then you may have actually compromised the domain
    admin password.

    2)  Check the firewall.  Many firewalls can be configured to
    authenticate back to an NT / 2K domain; if you've got the right
    account details, you might end up with a VPN connection or a few more
    open ports.

    3)  Read the Administrator's email.  There may be more info in emails
    sent to the administrator about other machines on the network.

    Chris

    --
    Chris Paget
    mad.nutterat_private