RE: [PEN-TEST] Detecting the presence of a firewall

From: Ansar Mohammed (amohammed@carib-link.net)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 08:41:16 PDT

    Yes there is a way.

    A while ago blackhat released an exploit for checkpoint fw-1.

    A side effect of the exploit, regardless of wether it works or not is
    that it displays all ip interfaces of the firewall. However, the
    firewall rules must allow you to access the management ports.

    The exploit runs on Linux or OpenBSD. You can find it at
    www.blackhat.com