RE: Blind IP spoofing portscan tool?

From: thomas olofsson (thomas.olofssonat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 14:28:14 PDT

    Basically the tool that i am going to present is based on Anitrez ideas.
    But i have developed a tool that is usable in the real world by adding
    packet round trip calculations (to optimize speed) and doing multiple retrys
    on possitives (to minimize false positives).

    The reason for my presentation is that this technique is very efficient
    especially in fooling IDS systems and it has until now been very little fuss
    about this technique. So i just wanted to demonstrate the technique to the
    broad public. My talk will focus mostly on the basic technique and how i got
    around all the false positives.

    I work quite alot with IDS monitoring and i have seen this tecnique used in
    the wild on several occations. so at least some black hat hackers allready
    have tools like this, so i thought it was time to share a tool with open
    source to the security community.

    The tool is written under windows 2000. The reason for this is that i wanted
    to learn their raw socket implementation and the fact that more and more
    people are using 2k as thair prime pen testing platform. I am right now
    working with ifdefs to get it to compile under linux.

    The tool will be released on the first day of BH. i will post the url here
    when it is released. I havent had a chance to look at fillipes tool yet as
    cant seem to download it.