Re: What is your policy on customers particapating in a pen test?

From: Meritt James (meritt_jamesat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 14:25:18 PDT

    I have performed such with a representative present (but no touch).  The
    better for at-the-time "Do you want me to...?"  (I did ask, they said
    "NO!!!!!!!).  There is a chance of them terminating your test prior to
    when YOU would, so watch the contractual conditions.  Helps with the
    "Get out of jail free" if a rep is on hand...

    V/R

    Jim

    Joe Klein wrote:

    > All:
    >
    > I am hearing customers request ( and some times demand ) that they be part of a
    > pen test.
    >
    > Currently, we offer the customer 4 - 8 hours of time to review findings and show
    > them what we did, to access there systems. But we do this after the pen test is
    > complete.
    >
    > I was wondering how other companies deal with this issue?

    James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA
    Booz, Allen & Hamilton
    phone: (410) 684-6566