Re: A kind of Honeypot

From: max (maxat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 11:28:13 PDT

    I have done this in the past, and i suggest you also put up as much
    hax0r and system related info  into some directory, accessable only by
    you, as a good library (just a failsafe in case the client blocks certain
    sites where you would get info/exploits, and for improved archiving - most
    security sites are so full of info, it is sometimes hard to find what you
    need). Also, write web frontends to some usefull apps, like traceroute,
    nmap, etc. Basically, make that site your base of operations on the net,
    in case you have to conduct an audit on a system which is almost
    completely locked out from the internet, and wont let you save downloaded
    files or access to anything besides a web browser, stuff like that (you
    can do pentests from internet cafes and libraries this way : ).

    hope this helps,

    max