Re: An Amateur Pen-Test

From: Damieon Stark (visigothat_private)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 09:20:45 PDT

    On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:58:40AM -0700, David Fuller wrote:
    > My ISP has asked me to do a penetration test for them and I would like to
    > get an overview of what I should do short of running Nessus and banging on
    > there (IDS / Logs) door.
    One thing you may want to check out is the "Open-Source Security Testing
    Methodology Manual" which I have found is quickly becomming a decent reference
    in the art of pen-testing.  It can be found at
    Have fun.
    Damieon Stark, CCSE
    Unix/Network Security Engineer
    currently seeking employment
    	Damieon Stark		| Microsoft: Where do you want to go today?
    	e: visigothat_private	| Linux: Where do you want to go tommorow?
    	p: 612.382.6945		| FreeBSD: Are you guys comming or what?
    	pgp: 0xBE5D0C57		| - The power to serve!