An Amateur Pen-Test

From: David Fuller (burchoff2000at_private)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 10:58:40 PDT

    My ISP has asked me to do a penetration test for them and I would like to
    get an overview of what I should do short of running Nessus and banging on
    there (IDS / Logs) door. I have gone over there network with a few scripts
    and knowledge I have picked up from the list and Security Focus and I have
    discovered all there class C address spaces, I have found two servers
    vulnerable to a Unicode exploit and from there able to find out about a few
    host sitting behind a ACL / Firewall. Is there anything else I should be
    doing... like testing there firewall and seeing if I can scan the network
    behind it.

    David.