how IKE works in case of Checkpoint Firewall

From: priya subramanian (pentestingat_private)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 22:02:31 PDT

    In my understanding IKE invloves two phases wherin the
    DH keys and the CA keys are exchanged and a secret key
    is derived for encryption.

    But when configuring IKE VPN in a checpoint firewall
    we do exchenge any DH keys.. only a preshared secret
    is directly given. This is really confusing.

    Could anyone elaborate on how exactly IKe encryption
    works with Firewall-1

    Regards
    Priya