RE: how IKE works in case of Checkpoint Firewall

From: DABDELMOat_private
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 06:36:52 PDT

    IKE in VPN-1 takes place the normal way (the proof is that it can work with
    other implementations ;)). The first phase is classical, the goal is to buil
    the SA ISAKMP using DH, and a preshared key or a certificate for
    authentication. The second phase build the 2 SAs needed for the data
    exchange. What can be confusing is that you can not configure DH on VPN-1,
    you just have to know that it is group 2 (1024 bits), and it can not be
    changed (not from what I know at least). Though DH can not be configured,
    you can at least activate PFS, which is of course PFS group 2.
    Regards

    David