RE: SAM file editing

From: Matthew Long (matthew.longat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 01:05:36 PDT

    Its not quite the same as "editing the SAM"
    But,
    Say you find the Domain Admin password is "abcdefgh"
    And you login locally on your machine and set the local admin password to
    "abcdefgh" as well.
    Then when you try to access the network while logged in as the local account
    you may find that you can get domain level access because the MS
    authentication doesn't seem to check the domain and just passes through the
    username and password.

    I know this works for ipc$ shares but has anyone got any documentation on
    any other exploitations of this.