RE: Security Audit

From: Aleksander Czarnowski (alekcat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 08:23:22 PDT

    > Then maybe someone should define what the components are for
    > a standard penetration test, a vulnerability assessment, and
    > a security audit.
    There is already one freely available and it is called Open Source Security
    Testing Methodology (http://uk.osstmm.org/osstmm.htm). In RFCs you will find
    Site Security Handbook (it's not on pen-test, but I guess it can be useful
    anyway).  On the other hand many companies have their own methodology which
    they do not like to distribute outside. Creating proper and efficient
    methodology is very difficult task that not every one can accomplish.
    Because of this market demands such solution and the cost of some services
    is high. Price is also based on resources and time needed to create such
    methodology. And please remember that after creating your methodology should
    be research further to keep up with the rest of the world.
    Regards,
    Aleksander Czarnowski
    AVET INS

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/