Re: Security Audit

From: H C (keydet89at_private)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 17:49:38 PDT

    For the most part, I agree with Ben's comments.  For
    completeness, a system can be as secure as possible if
    a vulnerability assessment of that system is
    conducted, and that information is then used to launch
    a "full disclosure pen-test" or perhaps more
    appropriately, a "verification analysis".

    However, like anything else, this is only a snapshot
    of the system in time.  We then get into the change
    control/management process, and where verification
    testing fits in such a process.