Re: How to discover FW-1 management module or GUI?

From: The Crocodile (tcrocat_private)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 08:59:34 PDT

    Read this:

    http://www.dataprotect.com/bh2000/

    This is a very VERY thorough ripping up of FW-1 by Thomas Lopatic, John
    McDonald, and Dug Song.

    Depending on the version of the firewall that is bring run it should be
    possible get the IP address of the management station from an inspection
    module.  From there you should be able to glean the ip addresses of
    authorized GUI modules from poking at the management station itself.  I am
    not saying this is TRIVIAL, but according to the research and presentation
    by this team it is VERY doable.

    --The Crocodile
    --(CCSA, CCSE Just for sh*ts and grins :P)