Re: 802.11B and libpcap

From: Bill Pennington (billpat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 15:14:54 PDT

    You can get the patches you need at Newsham's site
    http://www.lava.net/~newsham/wlan. Plus Ethereal patches that are pretty
    slick.

    The "special" thing about PRISM II cards is the source code for
    promiscuous mode is readily available. I have the SMC 2632w that works
    well. I hear the D-Link card is pretty easy to add an external antenna
    interface to, my SMC does not have the an external antenna connection.

    Hope that helps!

    --

    Bill Pennington - CISSP