Re: Security Audit

From: bacano (bacanoat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 13:37:21 PDT

    hi2all

    From: "Phil Cracknell" <philat_private>

    > We have a methodology and would not hesitate in giving it to our clients,
    we
    > do so regularly, and we also abstract from this a detailed test plan for
    > them. These documents allow for some form of measurement in all of this
    and
    > as a result if a cowboy tries to sell them a $500 remote scan they have
    > something to compare it too.

    When a company is already a client, yes I agree. The example that made me
    said that was regarding a proposal to a company that wasn't yet a customer
    of the company I was working at the time, even so they get a nice overview.

    > The 'right' sort of client will have already identified that doing the job
    > themselves is not the right approach I would hope, regardless of how smart
    > their ass is.

    Well, I hope that somebody 'there' is reading your words :>

    [  ]'s bacano

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/