BO2k Port?

From: PM Systems - Rick Woehler (RWoehlerat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 06:52:50 PDT

    Howdy List,
      Doing an audit on a gov agency with a Raptor Firewall.  I was shocked to
    see nmap repeatedly reporting 31335 and 31337 UDP open on the firewall.  I'm
    told by my firewall guys that Raptors and VelociRaptors install with all
    ports closed and ports have to be specifically opened to allow traffic.  I
    can't imagine the person that installed this firewall would allow those
    ports.

       I haven't been able to connect with my BO2k consolde and am beginning to
    wonder if this is a false positive.  I've seen Raptor Firewalls report open
    ports when they in fact are not and am wondering if anyone has advice on
    these high ports.

    # Nmap (V. nmap) scan initiated 2.53 as: nmap -sU -oN test.txt
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Interesting ports on  (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx):
    (The 1436 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
    Port       State       Service
    19/udp     open        chargen
    53/udp     open        domain
    111/udp    open        sunrpc
    137/udp    open        netbios-ns
    138/udp    open        netbios-dgm
    161/udp    open        snmp
    162/udp    open        snmptrap
    426/udp    open        smartsdp
    445/udp    open        microsoft-ds
    500/udp    open        isakmp
    31335/udp  open        Trinoo_Register
    31337/udp  open        BackOrifice

    # Nmap run completed at Fri Sep 28 09:31:34 2001 -- 1 IP address (1 host up)

    scanned in 37 seconds

    RW

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/