Re: brute-forcing NTLM HTTP Authentication

From: Denis Ducamp (Denis.Ducampat_private)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 11:54:54 PDT

    On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 05:43:44PM -0700, Jason binger wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a tool or script out there that
    > can brute-force NTLM web authentication that may be
    > used on IIS or ISA server.
    >
    > I know IE explorer is the only browser that supports
    > this auth method. Does anyone have any papers or link
    > on how exactly it works? Is it just tunnelled using
    > HTTP? Or does it use windows auth ports like TCP 139
    > etc?

    You may take a look at fetchmail, it can make NTLM auth to IMAP servers. A
    long time ago I tried to do it manually against an IIS and the same way
    worked fine. I then wanted to write a patch to lynx to do ntlm auth but
    never did it :(

    You have to get the algorithm in fetchmail and may get some code from
    fetchmail or from titi "a set of password crypters"
    <http://www.groar.org/groar/#s4> (last test version is stable ;) .

    Denis Ducamp.

    --
     Denis.Ducampat_private --- Hervé Schauer Consultants --- http://www.hsc.fr/
     Owl/Openwall/snort/hping/dsniff en français   http://www.groar.org/trad/

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/