Re: HTTP PUT exploitation

From: H D Moore (hdmat_private)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 11:50:07 PDT

    Just did this a couple days ago ;)

    Use PUT requests to upload cmdasp.asp and/or upload.asp, then use cmdasp.asp
    to execute whatever you upload. On IIS 4.0 this has the side affect of
    elevating your privileges to SYSTEM.  I attached a little perl script I wrote
    to upload files (figures out Content-Lengths and negotiates SSL).

    If the client was trying to be slick and deleted cmd.exe from the system,
    just upload a copy from a local server and modify the cmd.exe /c path in
    cmdasp.asp to match the new location.

    --
    H D Moore
    http://www.digitaldefense.net - work

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA) Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see: https://alerts.securityfocus.com/