Cisco HTTP IOS Vuln Clarification

From: Josha Bronson (dmuzat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 11:48:46 PST

    Hi folks,

    Little question regarding the Cisco IOS HTTP Admin vuln that was
    released a while ago.

    As most of you probably know the vuln I won't discuss it. See
    <http://securityfocus.com/bid/2936>.

    Can anyone clarify whether or not a server may be vulnerable only to a
    subset of the numbers in the range? Meaning that "/level/17/exec/" may
    work to access the system but "/level/99/exec/" may not. Or is it the
    nature of this vulnerability that if a system is accessible via one URL
    than it would be accessible via all?

    On the systems I've tested they all work.

    Thanks for your help, there is just way to many revisions of IOS
    vulnerable to test them all, ;)
    --
    josha.bronson(aka->dmuz) >> dmuzat_private
    networks/systems/security && CCNA, RHCE

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/