Re: Vulnerability Scanner

From: johnnyat_private
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 10:11:33 PST

    Mailer: SecurityFocus

    *ahem* Thanks, David, for the H.E.A.T. plug but it's
    worth clarifying that I'm not a member of CDC (Cult
    of the Dead Cow). This picture on my web page may
    be what's confusing things:
    http://johnny.ihackstuff.com/pentagon/image3.htm.

    Yes, that's me, yes that's my gear, and yes those are
    CDC stickers, but I fear Veggie (not to mention my
    company) would squish me if I claimed CDC
    membership. ;-)

    Anyhow, H.E.A.T. does, in fact, crush. I've personally
    used it successfully on hundreds of assessments
    and served a stint as a developer, so I think that
    qualifies my opinion as educated. *<8^)

    <shamelessPlug>Anyone posessing a familiarity with
    other similar tools will really appreciate the blinding
    speed and depth of probing that H.E.A.T. offers. Give
    it a whirl at http://www.heatscanner.com
    </shamelessPlug>

    Take care,
    Johnny

    http://johnny.ihackstuff.com
    mail://johnnyat_private

    >From: dlnesterat_private
    >
    >All,
    >
    >You may wish to checkout Heat Scanner.  Among
    the development team for this
    (http://www.cultdeadcow.com/).
    >Good stuff.
    >
    >http://www.heatscanner.com/
    >
    >David
    >
    >banner motd #
    >With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. #

    --------
    >This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security
    Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    >Service. For more information on SecurityFocus'
    SIA service which
    >automatically alerts you to the latest security
    vulnerabilities please see: