Re: problems to start a task with at.exe

From: Windex King (WindexKing@mor-lan-d.com)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 21:50:09 PST

    Hi,

    I think Mike Brentlinger is on the right track but I
    think a bit more clarification should help.

    By default, the schedule service starts as LocalSystem.

    So, if you fire up an interactive LocalSystem cmd.exe
    session and do some testing you should see:

    C:\>id
    uid=1(SYSTEM) gid=1(SYSTEM) groups=2(Administrators),3(Everyone)

    C:\>pwdump
    pwdump: You must be running as user Administrator to run this program

    C:\>

    On my W2K box, the new pwdump2 worked fine via a LocalSystem shell.

    W	K

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/