Re: opinions on Vigliante's SecureScanNX for attack/pen work?

From: Zen (zen@kill-9.it)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 17:20:37 PST

    On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 11:20:44PM -0000, Dented Halo wrote:
    > Only prob is finding info right now on SecureScanNX,
    > no one seems ot be talking about it or much info,
    > even google.com only brings up but a single page of
    > hits. Interesting indeed...

    	I attended a two-day course in Paris some time ago, made by
    	VigilantE guys.
    	They have another product that can be used remotely: all the
    	scans are done by the VigilantE system remotely, and you can
    	control jobs remotely from [insert you favourite browser here].
    	AFAIK, the scanning engine is the same used by securescanNX (ex
    	Perimeter, IIRC) and you can download a .pdf report at the end
    	of the scan.
    	Pros:
    		- you can use it everywhere you have a browser
    		- reports are double-checked manually before you can
    		 download them
    		- basically it creates the report for you
    		- you pay the ip addresses you scan, and not the scan
    		  itself (same price, up to 12 scans/year)
    	Cons:
    		- I don't know how much it costs
    		- you can only scan public ip addresses
    		- it's not the fastest on earth (manually supervised,
    		  but it will change in the future)

    	BTW, it uses all the tools we commonly have (nmap, icmpush...)
    	plus some smartware by VigilantE.

    	http://www.securescan.com/

    cheers,
    --
    'Why do you close your eyes?' 'So that the room will be empty.'
    zen@kill-9.it . Geek . And proud of it .

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/