Re: opinions on Vigliante's SecureScanNX for attack/pen work?

From: Zen (zen@kill-9.it)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 02:10:58 PST

    On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 08:25:16PM -0000, John Lampe wrote:
    > > - it's not the fastest on earth (manually supervised,
    > >   but it will change in the future)
    >
    > Really?  IMO, securescanx scanned a little too fast.  I ran a scan against a
    > /24 range of addresses off of a T-1 connection with both Nessus and
    > vigilante whilst running a packet sniffer off of the spanned default gw
    > port....The vigilante was so aggressive that it missed many of the ports

    	I wasn't referring to the packet-rate speed, but to the <start
    	the test>-<get the report> cycle.

    	As automated test results are manually reviewed, it could take
    	24/48 hours to be able to get the report after the scan has
    	finished.

    bye,
    --
    'Why do you close your eyes?' 'So that the room will be empty.'
    zen@kill-9.it . Geek . And proud of it .

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/