Re: Oracle 8.0.6

From: Pete Finnigan (peteat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 13:21:42 PST

    Hi

    Whilst not accessing ect/passwd i have a paper on our companies site
    that shows how to read passwords from the SGA ( if any users have been
    added or changed ) see http://www.pentest-limited.com/utl_file.htm.

    I take it you mean you have accessed via a client based SQL*Plus ??

    There is also a paper on there with a list of default Oracle users and
    passwords in http://www.pentest-limited.com/default-user.htm.

    Also you may be interested in a script in our downloads page that allows
    you to log on as any other Oracle users once you have a dba, as you
    do!!. see http://www.pentest-limited.com/su.sql

    You can gain Oracle on the OS by using the Oracle8 ExtProc facilities
    that allow you to call C functions in shared libraries from PL/SQL. You
    can create a library that calls existing C functions i.e. system(). then
    call it and create yourself a suid shell as Oracle. So at least you can
    get OS access. Because you have SYSTEM and can access any Oracle user
    then you can just find a user that has the system procedure CREATE
    LIBRARY. do

    SQL> select grantee from dba_sys_priv where privilege='CREATE LIBRARY';

    There are also a number of exploits that allow escalation of privileges
    see Oracle's OTN site ( create a free user if you havent got one )
    see bugtraq of course
    see http://www.appsecinc.com - good list of holes / exploits etc.

    There are some known root holes.

    HTH
    Pete Finnigan
    www.pentest-limited.com

    In article <20011130162905.60993.qmailat_private>, Andy
    Rees <cs61arat_private> writes

    the system manager at admin@pentest-limited.com
    --
    Pete Finnigan