Re: Cisco 2501 Router

From: Matt Selsky (selskyat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 23:27:00 PST

    > 	I am in the unfortunate (some would say careless) position of not having
    > the password for one of our critical Cisco 2501 Routers.  Does anyone know
    > of a way to obtain the password? Wiping the configuration completely is
    > not an option. I have SNMP access to the device, and can also connect via
    > a console cable if necessary.

    Check out http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/pswdrec_2500.html for
    help with the 2501.  For password recovery on other Cisco products
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/