Re: Detecting if SecureIIS from Eeye is installed

From: Ryan Permeh (ryanat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 22:13:12 PST

    hi.
    take into account that the content of what is returned is configurable by
    the server administrator (that is just our default message).  and turning
    head on as a supported method may stop the 406 message.  but yes, SecureIIS
    can be identified by the fact that it does not send textual error data when
    it handles a request.  As you have noted,  SecureIIS was not inteded to be a
    stealth module, and the fact that an IIS web server returns a 406 error at
    all should be a good tip(i'm not positive IIS generates those naturally in
    any normal context).

    hope there isn't any confusion here.

    Ryan