Detecting if SecureIIS from Eeye is installed

From: Sacha Faust (sachaat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 19:09:30 PST

    This is not something big and I don't consider it a bug but it's something
    that migh be usefull
    when trying to brake an IIS server. I don't have a copy of the software so I
    don't know if this is cause by misconfiguration or something else.
    While debugging after someone mentionned a problem with an early version of
    Metis 1.1,
    I saw that you can detect the presence of the SecureIIS product from Eeye by
    issuing an HEAD request on any files or folder and looking at the return
    data.
    The SecureIIS will return HTTP error code 406 (Not Acceptable),
    itself in the reply message. Here is an example

    E:\Metis>nc -v www.site.com 80
    www.site.com [111.111.111.111] 80 (http) open
    HEAD /

    HTTP/1.1 406