Re: Pentesting a Citrix Network

From: DrobyX (droby10at_private)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 09:53:03 PST

    ---- Franklin DeMatto <franklin.listsat_private> wrote:
    > They also listen on the 1494 port (which is designated for citrix)
    >
    > I was unable to get it to respond to any HTTP request, by hand or with
    > browser....

    the ica protocol is not human-language based, so you'll be hard-pressed
    to get anything out of it with http commands.  it uses (if unspecified
    at install) the system-default encryption level - which is typically
    56-bit on freshly staged machines.  for the most part, the protocol itself
    is fairly secure, maybe you should try another route?  more recently
    it's come to focus that the client-side is somewhat vulnerable.  you've
    already identified a web-service.  considering it's used to distribute
    an ica configuration to the citrix client, what routes are available
    through compromising it.  have you looked at the ica(err. ini file)-file?
     it's plain-text.  does it allow for other types of attacks/manipulations
    (ie. hostname/ip => dns poisoning/route modifications).

    for what it's worth, here's a somewhat-outdated link with some information
    on a few citrix command-line utilities used for querying against a master
    browser.

    http://lists.insecure.org/pen-test/2000/Oct/0141.html