Firewall Load Testing

From: Jason Dixon (jasondixonat_private)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 17:34:28 PST

    My apologies if this isn't the right forum for this question;  I'm
    running into great difficulty finding the right tool for this job short
    of writing my own.  All of the other lists I've tried have come up
    blank.

    Basically, I'm looking to test a firewall's capabilities.  At the very
    least, I'd like to have endpoint-to-endpoint creation and analyzation of
    thousands of concurrent, possibly varying in protocol type, connections
    through the firewall.  At the very most, I'd like something to pen/load
    test the firewall in order to determine maximum states, connections (vpn
    and otherwise), etc.

    Is anyone familiar with a good toolkit or collection of *nix utilities
    that will do what I'm looking for?

    TIA,
    J.

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/