Re: Identify OS?

From: raymond ip (ip_raymondat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 18:26:59 PST

    --- Nicob <nicobat_private> wrote:
    > But I agree that a tool doing the mapping like :
    >
    > 	OpenSSH-3.4 + Apache 1.3.12 = Linux X.Y
    >
    > would be very useful ...

    Hi Nicob,

    I suspect the above approach may not effective and
    practical. The reasons are:
    (1)most of linux systems can be installed with
    different OPENSSH version and Apache. I can upgrade
    the system to any version...
    (2)conclusion of such linux version should be
    cross-checked with other IPStack fingerprint tool if
    possible.

    regards, Raymond.