protocol analysis

From: Cade Cairns (cairnscat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 13:52:44 PDT

    I'm currently researching black box network protocol analysis
    methodologies, but worthwhile papers or other resources on the subject
    seem few and far between. I've reviewed Dave Aitel's "The Advantages of
    Block-Based Analysis for Security Testing" and a few other related
    papers I found while searching the web, but my curiosity is not yet
    satisfied. I was wondering if anyone on the list might be able to point
    me in the direction of information relating to techniques used for
    protocol dissection and any techniques used in security-related tests.

    Thanks,
    Cade Cairns

    PGP: 0x132279EE
    EC4E 098A 62A1 2A80 15BD  D9CB ED53 4267 1322 79EE