pen testing management and control system

From: Ronen Gottlib (ronenat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 01:54:26 PDT

    Hi All,

    I am pen testing a windows 2000 advanced server, with some kind of
    management and control software (e.g. Tivoli, Netcool). The system has
    IIS 6.0 running with lockdown enabled.

    When I tried to run nessus, my ip was blocked for quite a long time.
    same happened with nikto.

    Further more, although quite a few ports were found to be open on the
    remote machine, the management and control application is blocking the
    most of them while allowing access only to the following: 21, 23(ms
    telnet server), 25(Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
    6.0.2600.1106), 80 (Microsoft-IIS/6.0), 110 (Microsoft Windows POP3
    Service Version 2.0), 3389.

    The system is also running Hummingbird Exceed.

    Does anyone have any idea? I've kind of reached a dead end.
    Below is the results of an Nmap, if it helps.

    Thank you very much for your help-

    Ronen.

    Port State Service
    21/tcp open 	ftp
    22/tcp open 	ssh
    23/tcp open 	telnet
    25/tcp open	 	smtp
    53/tcp open		domain
    80/tcp open 	http
    98/tcp open 	linuxconf
    110/tcp open 	pop-3
    111/tcp open 	sunrpc
    135/tcp open 	loc-srv
    143/tcp open 	imap2
    161/tcp open  	snmp
    443/tcp open 	https
    1080/tcp open 	socks
    1433/tcp open 	ms-sql-s
    1494/tcp open 	citrix-ica
    1720/tcp filtered H.323/Q.931
    1723/tcp filtered pptp
    3389/tcp open 	ms-term-serv
    4000/tcp filtered remoteanything
    5135/tcp open 	unknown
    5631/tcp open 	pcanywheredata
    5632/tcp open 	pcanywherestat
    5900/tcp open 	vnc
    6112/tcp open 	dtspc
    6660/tcp filtered unknown
    6661/tcp filtered unknown
    6662/tcp filtered unknown
    6663/tcp filtered unknown
    6664/tcp filtered unknown
    6665/tcp filtered unknown
    6666/tcp filtered irc-serv
    6667/tcp filtered irc
    6668/tcp filtered irc
    6669/tcp filtered unknown
    8875/tcp filtered unknown
    28900/tcp filtered unknown

    Latest attack techniques.

    You're a pen tester, but is google.com still your R&D team? Now you can get
    trustworthy commercial-grade exploits and the latest techniques from a
    world-class research group.

    Visit us at: www.coresecurity.com/promos/sf_ept1
    or call 617-399-6980