Re: exploits, good exploits

From: H D Moore (sflistat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 13:37:25 PDT

    The OSVDB (www.osvdb.org) project maintains an exploit code repository for
    the vulnerabilities in the database. The exploit URL is simply another
    type of external reference and is directly linked to each vulnerability.

    We support dozens of references types, with support for most of the common
    ones (CVE, Snort, Nessus, BID, etc). The ibiblio.org guys have agreed to
    host the primary repository and the archive is being built as
    vulnerabilities are added and approved. The entire database is available
    for free, including the exploit archive itself. The first stable release
    is due sometime in the next couple months, development versions are
    available by request.

    The primary goal of the OSVDB project was to consolidate the database and
    exploit management efforts that are required for any given company or
    individual to perform assessments and penetration testing. The more help
    we get reviewing vulnerabilities, moderating entries, and organizing
    exploits, the easier job everyone else will have :)

    If you are interested in helping out with the OSVDB or are working on a
    similar project and would like to use our data (or even contribute some),
    send an email to either myself or Forrest Rae (fbr [at] 14x.net).

    -HD