RE: Citrix workstation URL viewing

From: Rob Shein (shotenat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 10:28:02 PDT

    SpectorSoft makes a number of surveillance utilities, but I am not sure how
    well they'd run under Metaframe.  You should contact them to ask, and by all
    means do make sure that the software is tried on a test server prior to
    implementation in a production environment.  Furthermore, be extremely
    careful of the legal ramifications of this form of monitoring; the software
    is capable of capturing far more than just URLs visited, and you will get
    yourself into a lot of trouble if you use the full surveillance capacity
    possible.  Also, I'm not sure that they have a solution that scales in the
    fashion you need.

    www.spectorsoft.com

    Another option would be to utilize a proxy server solution that integrates
    with AD (I'm assuming you're using Active Directory) to associate requests
    with users.  If you are using a Checkpoint firewall, there are
    OPSEC-compliant products that can integrate with it to provide this, for a
    price.

    www.opsec.com

    And also keep in mind above all else that it is possible to circumvent all
    of this with an anonymizer service.