Nessus NASL + Canned Exploit database

From: Joe Skaboika (caffeinex36at_private)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 11:32:56 PDT

    Has anyone seen any project involving linking nessus .NASL scripts with a
    canned exploit database of some sort.

    For instance, I plug my .NBE file into this tool which spits me out known
    public canned exploits (the actual exploit not links or info). I was
    thinking about a pen-testing extention to nessus where I pipe output from
    nessus into a tool that runs a canned exploit automagically (based on this
    database)

    I realize known canned exploits are buggy and architecture for something
    like this would be a nightmare but I'm curious if anyone has started or
    even started thinking of anything like this.