Re: webmitm

From: Christine Kronberg (Christine_Kronbergat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 06:41:03 PDT

      Hi,

    > i started with webmitm -dd and see only all the GET requests from "victim"

      If I understand the source code correctly than this is exactly what
      it is supposed to do (please correct me, if I'm wrong). webmitm is a
      demonstration for sniffing sensitive data like passwords or similar
      things. The victim is putting this data either in a GET request - so
      you only need to read enough of the data to fetch the complete GET
      request - or the data sits in the http header data when using a POST
      request. I can get both working, but when submitting the data via POST,
      I only see the data using lynx and forcing it to a hard exit. That
      takes a lot of charm from a demonstration (well, usually the GET
      part is enough ;-) ).

    > but no traffic from real site back .
    >
    > victim -- > attacker ---> real site
    >
    > Btw, i found out that my dnsspoof is working intermittently... thought i put
    > www.hotmail.com and mail.yahoo.com in
    > the dnsspoof.hosts file but only mail.yahoo.com is being spoofed and not
    > www.hotmail.com.. any help plse

      You entered both correctly into your spoofed-hosts file, I presume?!
      What does dnsspoof say, wenn a request for hotmail.com comes by? Is
      it ignored?

      Regards,

                                                          Chris Kronberg.

    --