imp_mime_viewer_html_xss.nasl

From: George Theall (theallat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 15:04:47 PDT

    I have attached a plugin to scan for a recently discovered set of XSS
    vulnerabilities in IMP, a webmail product.  These vulnerabilties allow
    an attacker to cause a victim to execute arbitrary Javascript code when
    reading an HTML message from the attacker.

    The plugin merely checks the version number of IMP available on a target
    and reports a hole if it is between 3.0 and 3.2.1.  Additionally, the
    check determines the version number using the test script distributed as
    part of IMP.  Although the availability of that test script via the web
    is itself a vulnerability (covered already by horde_test_disclosure.nasl
    / plugin #11617), it's a common enough occurence and possibly the only
    way as far as I know to determine the version installed with IMP 3.x.

    Hopefully, my plugin works as intended and can be included amongst the
    plugins distributed through nessus.org.  Comments? Flames?

    George
    --
    theallat_private