Service running...?

From: Daniel VARGA (donciat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 04:44:00 PDT

    Hi all,

    I am new on this list so if my question is not appropriate here, send me to
    some RTFM (just tell me what to look for!) :)

    my Task:
    I need to find out 3 things on my network:
      a) what computers are on my network I cannot log into with my
    user/password (I am domain admin, so I should know about these systems;). I
    need an alert in this case.
      b) on the computers I can log into, is the McShield service running?
      BONUS: c) are the DAT files up to date?

    Problem:
    I have zero idea how to do a), any ideas are welcome
    to b): I rewrote some default plugin so now I get an alert from Nessus if
    the McShield is running. But I want an alert, if it is NOT running :) How?

    Thanks for you help in advance!
    Cheers,
    --
    Daniel