Re: [Plugins-writers] On the copyright of the Nessus reports...

From: John Q. Public (tpublic@private)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 14:13:23 PST

    I was under the impression that any copyright was to be applied to the code
    itself.  The descriptions of my plugins were modified by Renaud (and not
    disputed by myself) for clarification, but my name is in the plugin for the
    code.

    I figure, for whatever purposes, the output is for private use and eligible
    for modification (depending on the audience) without consultation to clarify
    or detail the results of the assessment.

    I certainly would not contest the usage or wording of the description of the
    plugin, because it's less my idea (and concern) than the actions in the code
    itself.

    .nhoJ