Re: [Plugins-writers] On the copyright of the Nessus reports...

From: Vincent Renardias (vincent@private)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 12:51:08 PST

    On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 21:33, Michael Scheidell wrote:

    > > - If you, as a plugin writer, want to put the text of your plugin in the
    > >   public domain, let me know and I will add a special mention in your
    > >   plugin.
    >
    > My understanding is that every plugin that was submitted was under GPL,
    > and while I might like our company name mentioned in every report of
    > everyone out there who runs nessus (and its commercial cousin, NeWT) I
    > think it might get clumbersom.

    The GPL already says about this, see article 0:

    "The act of running the Program is not restricted, and the output from
    the Program is covered only if its contents constitute a work based on
    the Program (independent of having been made by running the Program)."

    Although I not sure about how to interpret it.

    Cordialement,

    --
    Vincent RENARDIAS
    http://www.renardias.com/