Re: [Plugins-writers] On the copyright of the Nessus reports...

From: Michael Scheidell (scheidell@private)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 12:33:28 PST

    > - If you, as a plugin writer, want to put the text of your plugin in the
    >   public domain, let me know and I will add a special mention in your
    >   plugin.

    My understanding is that every plugin that was submitted was under GPL,
    and while I might like our company name mentioned in every report of
    everyone out there who runs nessus (and its commercial cousin, NeWT) I
    think it might get clumbersom.

    Do you think there should be a difference between the GPL's nessus and the
    commercial version?

    if tenable is using GPL'd plugins, should they mention (somewhere) that
    there may be additional copyright authors?