Re: [Plugins-writers] Unsynchronised clock detection

From: Renaud Deraison (deraison@private)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 08:13:45 PDT

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 10:02:44AM +0100, Martin O'Neal wrote:

> I haven't seen this one in the archives yet; do you want me to rework
> the script at all, for example separating them out?

Attached is a slightly modified version :

- Less ICMP retries
- Exits as soon as one clock is unsynchronised

I'm still a bit concerned about the time the plugin takes. I'd rather
have it try HTTP right away, then NTP, then ICMP and exits as soon as
one timestamp is obtained. As is, the plugin can take up to 20 seconds
to run, which is way too much just to detect a drifting clock.

What do you think ?

				-- Renaud